Iraqi authorities committed serious human rights violations and abuses in their response to a wave of anti-government protests earlier this month that saw 149 civilians killed, the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) said.
Iraq violated human rights in protest crackdown: UN mission
A file photo of Iraqi security forces chase anti-government protesters who set fire during a demonstration in Baghdad, Iraq, Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019. (File photo: AP)
- 8730 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3442 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2911 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1863 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 611 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 561 Views Coronavirus: Dubai extends sterilization, enforces strict restrictions on movement
- 123597 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 65006 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44595 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34081 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30579 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21007 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus