Turkish authorities detained mayors of five municipalities in Kurdish-majority areas on Monday as part of a widening government crackdown against the pro-Kurdish Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP), the party’s co-leader said.
Turkey detains five Kurdish mayors as crackdown widens
Turkish President Erdogan speaks during a press conference held at the Cankaya Palace in Ankara on March 18, 2020. (AFP)
- 26070 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 10343 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 1,885 total cases, 328 recoveries
- 8106 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia sets earlier curfew time in al-Qatif, al-Taif, Dammam city
- 7403 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 2949 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends entry suspension for visa holders abroad for two more weeks
- 2706 Views Coronavirus: Etihad operates flights to 7 destinations for those looking to leave UAE
- 358013 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 117843 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 58482 Views Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin effective in treating coronavirus: French study
- 44141 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 33906 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 26270 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia confirms 99 new cases, death toll reaches 4