Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi ordered his army on Saturday to stand ready carry out any mission outside the country, if necessary, amid high tensions over Turkey's intervention in Libya, Reuters reported.
Egypt’s army, the biggest in Middle East, stands ready amid escalating Libya tensions
Members of the Egyptian army. (File photo: AFP)
Matthew Amlôt, Al Arabiya English
- 4877 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 2723 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2340 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 2234 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 706 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 167 Views Three members of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards killed in drive-by attack in southeast
- 36354 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22510 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15231 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14802 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7955 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7874 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says