Lebanon’s PM vows to make officials ‘pay the price’ after Beirut explosions

Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab. (Screengrab)

Lebanon’s Prime Minister Hassan Diab vowed to hold certain officials responsible for the explosions that took place in Beirut earlier Tuesday.

Addressing the nation after the explosion that has so far killed at least 30 people and injured more than 3,000, Diab said the government would reveal the facts about a "dangerous" warehouse at the Port of Beirut, which he said was there since 2014.

For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

Diab also pleaded with the international community for assistance after the "catastrophe."

"I am sending an urgent appeal to friendly and brotherly countries ... that love Lebanon, to stand by its side and help us treat these deep wounds," Diab said.

For full story on the explosions, click here.

Full text of Lebanese PM Hassan Diab's speech after massive Beirut blasts

Damaged Lebanon hospitals treating patients in parking lots after Beirut blasts

‘It’s a catastrophe, Lebanon is gone’: Survivors recount Beirut blasts

Two-week state of emergency declared in Beirut following explosions

SHOW MORE
Last Update: Wednesday, 05 August 2020 KSA 05:21 - GMT 02:21
Top