Tunisia’s biggest union, UGTT, started a nationwide strike on Thursday affecting the country’s airports, schools and state media to protest against the government’s refusal to raise the salaries of 670,000 public servants.
Nationwide strike paralyzes Tunisia as 670,000 public servants demand pay rise
Protesters during a strike in on November 22, 2018. (File photo: AFP)
- 8784 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3478 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2974 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1913 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 653 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 614 Views Coronavirus: Dubai extends sterilization, enforces strict restrictions on movement
- 123975 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 65330 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44613 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34083 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30606 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21011 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus