Germany on Wednesday requested an urgent UN Security Council meeting on Libya after negotiations on a draft resolution calling for a ceasefire in Tripoli failed to yield an agreement.
Germany calls for UN Security Council meeting on Libya
A military vehicle stands at a checkpoint in Ain Zara, south of Tripoli on April 11, 2019. (Reuters)
AFP/Reuters, United Nations/Geneva
- 5177 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 3495 Views Kuwait gov’t spokesman: Information comes from official sources, not social media
- 3470 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 3050 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2522 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 1019 Views UAE announces candidacy for non-permanent UN Security Council seat
- 36372 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22723 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15292 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14855 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7967 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7894 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says