The United States has given its backing to Libyan commander Khalifa Haftar and his offensive on Tripoli to oust the UN-recognized government in the capital, according to Bloomberg citing three US officials.
US backs Haftar offensive on Libya’s Tripoli: officials
The White House statement said that Trump “recognized Field Marshal Haftar’s significant role in fighting terrorism.” (File photo: AFP)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English
- 11808 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 8705 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia sets earlier curfew time in al-Qatif, al-Taif, Dammam city
- 2890 Views Coronavirus: Saudi’s King Salman orders $2.39 bln aid to affected citizens
- 2602 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 2,039 cases total
- 2126 Views Coronavirus survivors retest positive, testing may be to blame
- 844 Views Informal workers in Arab world hit hardest by coronavirus, unlikely to get help
- 358219 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 120036 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 44306 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 33951 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 29192 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 20847 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus