A U.S. jury found an Iraqi man guilty Thursday of beating his wife to death in their California home because she wanted a divorce, in what was initially thought to be a hate crime.
Iraqi man murders wife in previously believed ‘hate crime’ case in U.S.
A U.S. jury in California found an Iraqi man guilty of beating his wife to death in their family home, because she asked for divorce. (File photo: Shutterstock)
AFP, Los Angeles
- 5206 Views Two dead as rare Mediterranean hurricane-like storm batters western Greece
- 2999 Views Iran’s IRGC head vows ‘hit’ on all US staff involved in killing Soleimani
- 2886 Views Coronavirus: UK reports biggest increase in COVID-19 cases since May 8
- 1633 Views Coronavirus: UAE health minister vaccinated with first COVID-19 vaccine dose
- 930 Views About 9,000 migrants on Greece’s Lesbos move into tent camp after massive fire
- 775 Views Deputy PM says time is right for Spain to become a republic
- 34714 Views Dubai Police arrest man for ‘dancing indecently’ in viral video at local cafe
- 26069 Views Lebanon: More families are marrying off teenage daughters as economic despair sets in
- 19942 Views Coronavirus: UAE to hold media briefing on COVID-19
- 12171 Views UAE, Bahrain normalize ties with Israel at historic White House event
- 10953 Views For insulting Erdogan, over 3,800 sentenced to prison in Turkey in 2019: Report
- 9628 Views Coronavirus: Passengers arriving in Abu Dhabi must wear COVID-19 tracking device