The United Nations will grant Mozambique and the Comoros Islands $13 million in emergency funds to help provide food and water and repair damage to infrastructure, the organization said late on Sunday, after the second cyclone in a month slammed into the region.
UN gives Mozambique $13 million for Cyclone Kenneth damage
Stranded residents are seen on April 27, 2019 in Fumbuni, 56km south of Comoros capital Moroni, following the passage of the cyclone Kenneth. (AFP)
- 140521 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia imposes 24-hour curfew in several cities, including Riyadh
- 16905 Views Health minister says Saudi Arabia coronavirus cases could reach 200,000 within weeks
- 9511 Views Coronavirus: Egypt to suspend Ramadan group iftars, activities, says Ministry
- 6794 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records a total of 2,795 cases
- 3486 Views UAE sends 10 tons of medical supplies to Italy to help counter coronavirus
- 3466 Views Coronavirus: Kuwait orders two areas into full lockdown
- 140522 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia imposes 24-hour curfew in several cities, including Riyadh
- 73713 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 31706 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 16921 Views Health minister says Saudi Arabia coronavirus cases could reach 200,000 within weeks
- 15415 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 14105 Views Philippine ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus in Beirut