More migrants jumped off the Spanish humanitarian rescue ship Open Arms Tuesday in a desperate bid to reach shore, tantalizingly near after 19 days blocked on board in deteriorating conditions by Italy’s refusal to open its ports.
More migrants jump from rescue ship off Italian island
The Open Arms captain previously informed Italian authorities that the crew of 17 can no longer control the situation on board, as frustrated migrants resort to fighting. (File photo: AFP)
The Associated Press, Milan
- 6059 Views Tourism amid coronavirus: Which countries lifted, eased or kept travel restrictions?
- 4807 Views Coronavirus: COVID-19 patients only need to self-isolate for 10 days, says CDC
- 2156 Views Amid tensions in Libya, Turkey’s hostile statements about UAE a provocation: Bahrain
- 1984 Views Coronavirus: No appointments to enter Abu Dhabi via border COVID-19 test until Aug 23
- 1451 Views Coronavirus: Qatar sets new COVID-19 policies for travelers’ entry as lockdown eases
- 1099 Views Lebanon’s foreign minister set to resign in coming days: Sources
- 35382 Views Coronavirus: Europe facing a second wave of COVID-19, says UK health minister
- 20997 Views Black and white Instagram selfie challenge sheds light on femicide in Turkey
- 15600 Views Egyptian ‘Doctor of the Poor’ Dr. Mashali dies after lifetime giving free treatment
- 7902 Views Coronavirus: UAE’s police dogs first in the world to successfully sniff out COVID-19
- 6857 Views Coronavirus: UAE reports 283 new COVID-19 cases on first day of Eid al-Adha
- 6728 Views Children under five carry 10-100 higher levels of coronavirus in their noses: Study