Trump says at least 10 more candidates tapped for national security adviser role

US President Trump departs for Baltimore, Maryland from the White House in Washington. (Reuters)

US President Donald Trump said on Thursday that his administration has at least 10 more candidates lined up for the national security adviser post.

Earlier in the day, Trump said he was considering five very qualified people to replace John Bolton as his national security adviser.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said Bolton had made some mistakes, including offending North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un by demanding that he follow a “Libyan model” and hand over all his nuclear weapons.

SHOW MORE
Last Update: 06:56 KSA 09:56 - GMT 06:56
Top