A Sudanese national convicted of conspiring to blow up the UN and other New York landmarks has been deported from the United States after completing his sentence, officials said on Friday.
US deports Sudanese convicted in 1996 of huge bomb plot
“This removal is a victory for the United States and further emphasizes ICE’s vital role in protecting our nation,” Simona Flores-Lund, an ICE director in Philadelphia, said. (File photo: AFP)
AFP, New York
- 8730 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3442 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2911 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1863 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 611 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 561 Views Coronavirus: Dubai extends sterilization, enforces strict restrictions on movement
- 123597 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 65006 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44595 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34081 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30579 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21007 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus