British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Tuesday he would end an attempt to win parliamentary approval for his Brexit legislation and instead press for an election if lawmakers reject his timetable.
PM Johnson says will push for election if lawmakers reject Brexit timetable
The prime minister would need to win a vote to trigger an early election because one is not scheduled until 2022. (File photo: AFP)
- 8729 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3442 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2910 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1863 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 1227 Views Coronavirus: Dubai to halt tram, metro services from Sunday
- 611 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 123597 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 65006 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44595 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34081 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30579 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21007 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus