The Pentagon on Thursday flight-tested a missile that had been banned under a treaty that the United States and Russia abandoned last summer. Some US arms control advocates said the test risks an unnecessary arms race with Moscow.
Pentagon tests long-banned ballistic missile over Pacific
The lead ground-based Interceptor is launched in a test of an unarmed missile target on March 25, 2019. (File photo: Missile Defense Agency)
The Associated Press, Washington
- 4203 Views Coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia rise to 2,385 with 34 fatalities
- 4058 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 3656 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 2140 Views Saudi Ministry of Justice sends out a message of hope amid coronavirus pandemic
- 1668 Views Coronavirus: Bus driver dies after video criticizing passenger for coughing
- 1613 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 125809 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 68879 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44773 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34132 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30908 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21073 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus