Canada and several other countries with nationals killed in the shootdown of a civilian airliner called on Tehran on Sunday to abide by its international commitments after Iranian authorities briefly arrested the British ambassador.
Canada voices concern over Iran’s arrest of UK Ambassador
Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau said he was “outraged and furious” over the shootdown, demanding a full investigation and for Tehran to assume responsibility for the tragedy. (File photo: AFP)
- 8456 Views Coronavirus: Dubai closes, fines nine fitness centers for violating COVID-19 measures
- 7726 Views Coronavirus: UAE arrests 8 for organizing weddings violating precautionary measures
- 6082 Views US says all UN sanctions on Iran restored, Security Council opposes move
- 3770 Views Dubai-based Al Habtoor Group to open representative office in Israel
- 3573 Views Trump is a target of Iran for ‘life’ for Soleimani killing: Supreme leader Rep.
- 1040 Views Jewish settlers enter, pray at Al Aqsa in Jerusalem despite coronavirus lockdown
- 29328 Views Lebanon: More families are marrying off teenage daughters as economic despair sets in
- 12311 Views UAE, Bahrain normalize ties with Israel at historic White House event
- 11180 Views For insulting Erdogan, over 3,800 sentenced to prison in Turkey in 2019: Report
- 9807 Views Coronavirus: Passengers arriving in Abu Dhabi must wear COVID-19 tracking device
- 9400 Views Oman official attended UAE-Israel-Bahrain ceremony: White House official
- 8811 Views Coronavirus: 1,850 children of UAE health care workers receive scholarships