Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said on Sunday he was sorry for his country’s role during the Holocaust and the lack of action against the persecution of Jews, becoming the first Dutch premier to make such an official apology.
Dutch PM apologises for country’s role in Holocaust
Dutch PM Mark Rutte attends a news conference in The Hague, Netherlands, August 22, 2019. (Reuters)
- 5178 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 3495 Views Kuwait gov’t spokesman: Information comes from official sources, not social media
- 3474 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 3052 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2522 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 1019 Views UAE announces candidacy for non-permanent UN Security Council seat
- 36372 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22723 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15297 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14856 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7967 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7896 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says