Britain brought in the army on Monday to help deliver supplies of protective equipment to healthcare workers after doctors said they felt like “cannon fodder” and pleaded with the government to provide the right kit.
Britain brings in army to deliver coronavirus kit to health workers
A notice warning people of the Coronavirus, is displayed as passengers wearing protective face masks pass through the Eurostar terminal at St Pancras International station in central London on March 17, 2020. (File photo: APF)
- 11977 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 10017 Views Coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia rise to 2,402 with 34 fatalities
- 2515 Views Iranian MP: Iran military did well in downing Ukrainian plane
- 2379 Views Iran has blamed US, Israel, Jews for coronavirus: Report
- 2095 Views Coronavirus: Men in lockdown shave their heads in new trend
- 1953 Views Coronavirus: Countries begin hijacking medical goods over supply shortage fears
- 128085 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 70482 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 31110 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21115 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus
- 14429 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 110 new cases, with two new deaths
- 14001 Views Philippine ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus in Beirut