United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres launched a $2 billion appeal on Wednesday to help vulnerable and conflict-torn countries in the Middle East, Asia, Africa and South America tackle the coronavirus pandemic and prevent COVID-19 from again circling the globe.
UN chief urges $2 bln for vulnerable nations tackling coronavirus
File photo of United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres at UN headquarters on January 27, 2020. (AP)
The Associated Press, United Nations
- 9218 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3607 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 3152 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 1271 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 929 Views Coronavirus: UAE central bank increases economic stimulus to $69 billion
- 905 Views Coronavirus: Bus driver dies after video criticizing passenger for coughing
- 125143 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 67780 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44706 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34113 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30809 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21052 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus