Paris Eiffel Tower reopens after evacuation due to bomb threat

French police stand near the Eiffel Tower after the French tourism landmark was evacuated following a bomb alert in Paris, France, September 23, 2020. (Reuters)

The Eiffel Tower was evacuated for several hours on Wednesday after police received a call suggesting a bomb had been placed there.

For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

The Paris monument had been searched and no explosives found, a police spokeswoman said. It reopened at about 2.25 p.m.

Several hundred people, including tourists, restaurant staff and workmen were led away from the tower in the late morning.

“It was an orderly evacuation, there was no panic,” said Manuel, a tour guide on site when the evacuation order was given.

Read more:

Explosion in Lebanon at Hezbollah arms depot: Report

Prosecutors seek prison for Qatari beIN chief al-Khelaifi in FIFA corruption trial

Al Arabiya reporter harassed on live TV for covering Qatari al-Khelaifi’s trial

SHOW MORE
Last Update: Wednesday, 23 September 2020 KSA 15:55 - GMT 12:55
Top