How often do you speak to someone and ask how they are, and they reply “busy”? If you ask a man for more details, he will typically talk about his workload, but ask a woman and she is busy with life. Busyness is a status symbol, a competition: I have more emails, Facebook friends, classes than you, so I am better than you.
Are you addicted to busyness?
Research shows that we are not obliged to be any busier than we used to be. We choose to be. How? (Shutterstock)
- 16929 Views Iran seizes ship in international waters in Gulf, says US CENTCOM
- 3590 Views Israel, UAE reach historic US-brokered peace deal
- 1719 Views UAE will not open embassy in Jerusalem without a Palestinian-Israel peace deal
- 1121 Views Saudi Arabia intercepts Houthi drone, 2 missiles targeting Khamis Mushait
- 1034 Views Israel behind Port of Beirut explosions, says former Lebanon interior minister
- 844 Views Israel’s Tel Aviv lights up city hall with UAE’s flag following deal
- 50221 Views Dubai to enforce flexible working hours starting from August 16
- 37795 Views Watch: Beirut explosion sweeps away bride and groom posing for wedding pictures
- 21365 Views Beirut blast is the most tragic: 6 explosions, fires around the world within 72 hours
- 19405 Views Lebanese banker buys Jennifer Lawrence's $9.9 mln NYC apartment
- 18638 Views Indonesia volcano Mount Sinabung erupts with tower of smoke and ash
- 18247 Views Beirut would be ‘erased’ had full chemical load exploded, bulk likely stolen: Expert