By the end of the Second World War, it was clear that two superpowers will emerge from the ashes of war, the United States of America and the Soviet Union. Two different political ideology one is built of freedom the other built on authoritarianism one built on free-market capitalism the other built on communism.
Freedom, totalitarianism and remnants of the Cold War?
A Soviet Red army woman soldier controls traffic in front of the Brandenburg Gate in July 1945 in Berlin. (AFP)
- 4568 Views Lebanese criticize Saad Hariri as new Prime Minister-designate amid low vote-count
- 3179 Views ‘We will not give up cartoons,’ says France’s Macron in homage to murdered teacher
- 3138 Views Armenia urges Azerbaijan, Turkey to not undermine ceasefire efforts
- 1727 Views Russia grants US whistleblower Edward Snowden permanent residency rights
- 1384 Views Coronavirus: In bid to boost mental health, Sweden tells elderly to end isolation
- 1296 Views Lyon railway station evacuated, one person detained after bomb threat: Police
- 35411 Views First Emirati passenger plane lands in Israel from UAE
- 34053 Views Shock in Iraq after woman throws her two children into the Tigris River
- 27978 Views ‘Welcome to Israel’: First UAE delegation received by Israeli PM Netanyahu at airport
- 20208 Views Coronavirus: Dubai to allow weddings, social events to resume
- 16739 Views Paris attack: Chechen who beheaded teacher Samuel Paty tweeted against Saudi Arabia
- 12202 Views France’s President Macron calls killing of teacher ‘Islamist terrorist attack’