Pakistan’s top civil and military leaders traveled to the country’s southwest on Sunday to open a new international trade route by seeing off a Chinese ship that's exporting goods to the Middle East and Africa from the newly built Gwadar port.
China opens new trade route to Gulf, Middle East via Pakistani port
A view of Gwadar port (right), and town area, about 700 kilometers west of Karachi, Pakistan. Gwadar Port is a deep-sea port developed jointly by the Pakistan and China at a cost of $248 million. (AP)
The Associated Press, Islamabad
- 9293 Views Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh assassinated: Ministry of Defense
- 4711 Views Iranian diplomat refuses to appear at bomb plot trial in Belgium: Lawyer
- 4562 Views Saudi Arabia arrests 226 people involved in 158 criminal corruption cases
- 3630 Views Attacks on scientists in Iran in recent years: A list
- 2653 Views Who was Mohsin Fakhrizadeh, the assassinated ‘father of Iran’s nuclear bomb’?
- 1964 Views Khamenei's adviser: Iran will strike killers of nuclear scientist Fakhrizadeh
- 21557 Views UAE-Israel: Nobel Peace Prize nominations for Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, Netanyahu
- 12368 Views Turkey's Erdogan preparing for worst during 4 years of US incoming president Biden
- 9159 Views Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh assassinated: Ministry of Defense
- 8498 Views Saudi FM denies Netanyahu NEOM visit: ‘There were no Israelis present’
- 7577 Views US President Trump tells G20 he looks forward to working with them ‘for a long time’
- 6795 Views Saudi Arabia cracks down on abuse against women with prison term, up to $13,332 fine