It's no secret that foreign reserves are an important indicator to the future economic health of any country. Maintaining these reserves helps nations offset risks and allows them to pay for top-priority imports and service debt taken on the international markets.
Which countries hold the largest FX reserves in the Middle East?
Convertible commodities, such as gold, are also held by central banks as a hedge against risks. (File photo: AP)
Matthew Amlôt, Al Arabiya English
- 7465 Views Coronavirus: UAE arrests 8 for organizing weddings violating precautionary measures
- 6370 Views Two dead as rare Mediterranean hurricane-like storm batters western Greece
- 5863 Views US says all UN sanctions on Iran restored, Security Council opposes move
- 4525 Views Coronavirus: Dubai closes, fines nine fitness centers for violating COVID-19 measures
- 4351 Views Coronavirus: UAE health minister vaccinated with first COVID-19 vaccine dose
- 3627 Views Coronavirus: UK reports biggest increase in COVID-19 cases since May 8
- 34747 Views Dubai Police arrest man for ‘dancing indecently’ in viral video at local cafe
- 29033 Views Lebanon: More families are marrying off teenage daughters as economic despair sets in
- 20023 Views Coronavirus: UAE to hold media briefing on COVID-19
- 12286 Views UAE, Bahrain normalize ties with Israel at historic White House event
- 11144 Views For insulting Erdogan, over 3,800 sentenced to prison in Turkey in 2019: Report
- 9777 Views Coronavirus: Passengers arriving in Abu Dhabi must wear COVID-19 tracking device