The black market exchange rate for dollars in Lebanon has soared over 2,000 pounds to the dollar, with some money exchangers reporting rates as high as LBP 2,200 to $1 – nearly a 50 percent jump from the pegged rate of LBP 1,501-1,514 to the dollar.
Lebanon’s black market exchange rates soars up to 50 pct over USD peg
Lebanese currency is counted on a machine at an currency exchange shop, in Beirut. (File photo: AP)
Matthew Amlôt, Al Arabiya English
- 11977 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 10026 Views Coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia rise to 2,402 with 34 fatalities
- 2515 Views Iranian MP: Iran military did well in downing Ukrainian plane
- 2379 Views Iran has blamed US, Israel, Jews for coronavirus: Report
- 2097 Views Coronavirus: Men in lockdown shave their heads in new trend
- 1954 Views Coronavirus: Countries begin hijacking medical goods over supply shortage fears
- 128085 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 70482 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 31110 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21115 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus
- 14429 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 110 new cases, with two new deaths
- 14001 Views Philippine ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus in Beirut