As the coronavirus pandemic has continued its spread across the world, markets have been gripped by fear as investors flee a potential recession caused in the virus’s wake. Some sectors have been particularly hard hit as the economic cost and various shutdowns harm core business activities.
Here are the top 3 sectors most economically impacted by the coronavirus crisis
A mall in Saudi Arabia. (File photo: AP)
Matthew Amlôt, Al Arabiya English
- 3850 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 3432 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 1605 Views Saudi Ministry of Justice sends out a message of hope amid coronavirus pandemic
- 1509 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 1420 Views Coronavirus: Bus driver dies after video criticizing passenger for coughing
- 1306 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt business conditions fall at record pace
- 125456 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 68361 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44741 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34123 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30870 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21064 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus