US lawmakers are nearing agreement on a $61 billion rescue package for the aviation sector that would include $25 billion in payroll grants for passenger airlines weathering a sharp falloff in travel demand amid rising coronavirus outbreaks, three people briefed on the matter said.
US lawmakers nearing $61 bln aviation sector bailout deal amid coronavirus: Report
Delta airplanes sit on the tarmac at John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) on January 31, 2020 in New York City. (AFP)
- 9310 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3849 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 3424 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 1509 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 1420 Views Coronavirus: Bus driver dies after video criticizing passenger for coughing
- 1306 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt business conditions fall at record pace
- 125456 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 68359 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44741 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34123 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30869 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21064 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus