Saudi Arabian Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman said on Wednesday that the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and its allies, known as the OPEC+ group, safeguarded the oil market from witnessing a spike in prices after Libyan General Khalifa Haftar’s forces blocked Libya’s oil exports.
Oil price spike over Libya prevented by OPEC+ supply cut: Saudi Energy Minister
Saudi Arabia’s energy minister says OPEC+ prevented oil price spike after Libya’s output halt. (World Economic Forum screen grab)
Al Arabiya English
- 114169 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia imposes 24-hour curfew in several cities, including Riyadh
- 9017 Views Coronavirus: Death toll in Saudi Arabia rises to 38, total cases reach 2,605
- 6807 Views Iranian MP: Iran military did well in downing Ukrainian plane
- 3019 Views Coronavirus: Dubai approves permits for dog walking
- 2745 Views Coronavirus: Can it spread through air conditioning?
- 2458 Views Tiger infected with coronavirus: Can animals, pets spread COVID-19?
- 114175 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia imposes 24-hour curfew in several cities, including Riyadh
- 72657 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 31520 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 15037 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 14067 Views Philippine ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus in Beirut
- 13276 Views Coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia rise to 2,402 with 34 fatalities