The outlook for oil demand growth in 2020 is “far into negative numbers for the year,” said Rystad Energy’s Head of Analysis Per Magnus Nysveen, following the announcement on Friday by US President Donald Trump of a state of national emergency due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Global 2020 oil demand ‘far into negative’ amid Trump coronavirus emergency
US President Donald Trump addresses the nation about strategies to combat the coronavirus. (Screengrab)
Matthew Amlôt, Al Arabiya English
- 9220 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3610 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 3161 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 1271 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 929 Views Coronavirus: UAE central bank increases economic stimulus to $69 billion
- 905 Views Coronavirus: Bus driver dies after video criticizing passenger for coughing
- 125143 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 67788 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44706 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34113 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30809 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21052 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus