Indian shares soared 3.75 percent on Monday -- the biggest jump in nearly six years -- as markets greeted exit polls indicating conservative Prime Minister Narendra Modi secured a new term in a general election.
India stocks soar as polls point to Modi election win
Exit polls indicating Modi had won a second term were released late Sunday after the seventh and final round of voting in the marathon election. (File photo: Reuters)
- 319413 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 33144 Views Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin effective in treating coronavirus: French study
- 22614 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia confirms 99 new cases, death toll reaches 4
- 15168 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia orders Jeddah lockdown, enforces earlier curfew
- 12689 Views Governments track coronavirus infections, but what about tracking immunity?
- 9059 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia extends all flight suspensions and working from home
- 442839 Views Coronavirus: Iceland’s mass testing finds half of carriers show no symptoms
- 319414 Views Houthi ballistic missiles intercepted above Riyadh, Jazan: Saudi Arabia
- 120588 Views Coronavirus mutates into 40 strains. How this changes the pandemic outlook: Experts
- 92007 Views Chinese man dies from hantavirus as coronavirus pandemic slows down in China
- 43590 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia’s King Salman orders lockdown in Riyadh, Mecca, Medina
- 35202 Views Coronavirus in Saudi Arabia: 10,000 riyal fine, jail time for curfew violators