The Federal Reserve will continue to “monitor and analyze” the cash shortage that hit financial markets last week, prompting the Fed to step in, New York Fed President John Williams said Monday.
Fed’s Williams: We will ‘monitor, analyze’ liquidity issues in markets
New York Fed President John Williams said the Fed “acted quickly” and this “had the desired effect of reducing strains in markets.” (File photo: AFP)
AFP, New York
- 11977 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 10017 Views Coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia rise to 2,402 with 34 fatalities
- 2514 Views Iranian MP: Iran military did well in downing Ukrainian plane
- 2378 Views Iran has blamed US, Israel, Jews for coronavirus: Report
- 2093 Views Coronavirus: Men in lockdown shave their heads in new trend
- 1953 Views Coronavirus: Countries begin hijacking medical goods over supply shortage fears
- 128085 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 70482 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 31110 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21115 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus
- 14429 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 110 new cases, with two new deaths
- 14001 Views Philippine ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus in Beirut