Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, the Public Investment Fund (PIF), is in talks to buy UK Premier League football team Newcastle United for around $445 million, the Wall Street Journal reported people familiar with the matter as saying.
Saudi Arabia’s PIF in talks to purchase Newcastle United football club: Report
Newcastle United players celebrate after Florian Lejeune scores their second goal against Everton, January 21, 2020. (File photo: Reuters)
Matthew Amlôt, Al Arabiya English
- 5374 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 4562 Views UAE announces candidacy for non-permanent UN Security Council seat
- 3862 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 3264 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2785 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 1249 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36399 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22994 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15359 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14874 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7975 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7920 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says