Chinese stocks collapsed almost 9 percent at the start of trade Monday, hit by fears over the spiraling coronavirus as investors returned from the Lunar New Year holiday, which was extended because of the outbreak.
Chinese stocks plunge nearly 9 percent on coronavirus fears
A woman wearing a mask walks past a stocks board displaying the Hang Sang Index closing price in Hong Kong on January 30, 2020. (AFP)
- 9310 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3849 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 3424 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 1509 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 1420 Views Coronavirus: Bus driver dies after video criticizing passenger for coughing
- 1306 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt business conditions fall at record pace
- 125456 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 68359 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44741 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34123 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30869 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21064 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus