The Japanese Group Softbank has entered a partnership with the Saudi Public Investment Fund by announcing the inauguration of what will become known as the largest investment fund in the technology sector worldwide. Softbank owns a majority shareholder in Vodafone Japan and the Sprint network in the US.
Softbank: The Japanese technology titan and the Godfather Ali Baba
The Fund known as Softbank’vision falls under Saudi’s plans to diversify the economy in accordance with Vision 2030. The Fund will be based in Britain and managed by one of the companies of the Japanese Group, its assets are expected to reach $100bln (File Photo: AP)
- 6854 Views UAE announces candidacy for non-permanent UN Security Council seat
- 5492 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 4169 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 3408 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2969 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 1427 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36423 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 23176 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15401 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14892 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7983 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7936 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says