Saudi Arabia confirms second coronavirus case after citizen returns from Iran

Passengers coming from China wearing masks to prevent a new coronavirus are checked by Saudi Health Ministry employees upon their arrival at King Khalid International Airport, in Riyadh. (File photo: Reuters)

Saudi Arabia confirms on Wednesday it has detected the second case of the novel coronavirus in the Kingdom after a citizen returned from Iran via Bahrain, according to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).

Saudi Arabia’s health ministry said the second person to be infected with the coronavirus, a Saudi male, did not disclose at the Saudi border of his recent visit to Iran.

The ministry added that the Saudi citizen was accompanied by another person who was declared the Kingdom’s first case of the coronavirus just days earlier.

The Ministry had earlier detected on Monday the first coronavirus case in a Saudi national traveling from Iran to the Kingdom through Bahrain.

“The Ministry of Health assures everyone that the situation is currently isolated in a hospital, and it is being dealt with and providing the health service in accordance with the approved health procedures,” the health ministry said in a statement on SPA.

Follow our latest coverage of the coronavirus here.

Read more:

What are the chances of surviving coronavirus? It depends on your age and gender

UAE schools to close for four weeks starting from Sunday due to coronavirus

Coronavirus likely to be declared pandemic ‘any day now’: Expert

Iran Travel ban infographic 04/03/20_updated

Iran Travel ban infographic 04/03/20_updated

SHOW MORE
Last Update: 11:06 KSA 14:06 - GMT 11:06
Top