Coronavirus: Yemen records nine new cases, one new death, raising total to 21

Nurses receive training on using ventilators, recently provided by the World Health Organization at the intensive care ward of a hospital allocated for coronavirus patients in preparation for any possible spread of the disease, in Sanaa, Yemen on April 8, 2020. (Reuters)

Yemen's internationally-recognized government announced on Tuesday nine new coronavirus cases and one death, raising total infections to 21 and three deaths, the country's supreme national emergency committee said on Twitter.

Read the latest updates in our dedicated coronavirus section.

Eight cases were detected in the southern port city of Aden and another infection was recorded in Hadhramout region, it said.

The health ministry of the Iranian-backed Houthi-controlled government in the north has not announced any infections so far. Authorities have said all suspected cases there had tested negative.

Read more:

Oman extends Muscat lockdown until end of May

SHOW MORE
Last Update: Tuesday, 05 May 2020 KSA 14:56 - GMT 11:56
Top