Issues of unequal wealth distribution and public disconnect in politics are some of the key issues faced by governments around the world, a panel discussion featuring former prime ministers of France and Libya and Nobel Laureate Muhammad Yunus said on Tuesday.
WGS 2016: Why do governments fail?
Bangladeshi Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus, the founder of Grameen Bank, Bangladesh, Friday, June 28, 2013. (File photo: AP)
Staff writer, AL Arabiya English
- 8698 Views Coronavirus: Passengers arriving in Abu Dhabi must wear COVID-19 tracking device
- 3587 Views Watch: Israeli singer performs UAE national anthem following peace deal
- 3259 Views Lebanon football player Mohamad Atwi dies from stray bullet injury to head
- 2479 Views Coronavirus: UAE reports 786 new COVID-19 cases raising total to 82,568, no deaths
- 1929 Views Coronavirus: Pets can catch COVID-19 from owners, study finds
- 1691 Views Hezbollah setting up caches of the same Beirut explosion chemicals across Europe: US
- 37993 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia to partially lift ban on international flights
- 34633 Views Dubai Police arrest man for ‘dancing indecently’ in viral video at local cafe
- 33404 Views Coronavirus: China virologist says COVID-19 man-made, market claims false
- 19740 Views Coronavirus: UAE to hold media briefing on COVID-19
- 16304 Views Morocco, Israel set to establish direct flights: Report
- 14925 Views Coronavirus: UAE records highest daily spike in COVID-19 cases with 1,007 new cases