US president Donald Trump is expected to issue an executive order to prevent the citizens of some countries from entering the United States - such as Iran that has improved its relationship with Washington during the nuclear deal negotiations in 2014. There was no official Iranian response to this decision. So, what is the visa history between the two rivals?
Why did Trump order a visa ban on Iranians?
Observers believe that this decision is a warning to Tehran from the new administration. (File Photo: AFP)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English
- 6338 Views Coronavirus cases in the UAE surge as authorities detect 3,407 new infections
- 2212 Views WhatsApp says no one will have their account suspended or deleted on February 8
- 2130 Views US will impose sanctions on Iran over conventional arms, metals industry: Sources
- 1440 Views Coronavirus: Jordan’s King Abdullah receives COVID-19 vaccine
- 1063 Views Palestinians to hold first elections in 15 years, presidential vote on July 31
- 786 Views Indonesia earthquake: Damaged roads, lack of gear hinder search rescue
- 21906 Views Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince reveals project ‘THE LINE’ in futuristic city of NEOM
- 14187 Views Musk urged followers to ‘use Signal,’ sends unrelated stock with similar name flying
- 11770 Views Oman Sultan issues new law organizing succession, naming of crown prince
- 9561 Views Coronavirus: UAE reports 3,362 new COVID-19 cases, total hits 239,587
- 7252 Views COVID-19: Saudi Arabia warns against travel to 12 countries without permission
- 6838 Views Trump supporter Jake Angeli seen in horned fur hat charged in Capitol violence