Ten weeks after a ban on women driving was lifted, many Saudi women made history by driving their children to school on Sunday, the first day of the new academic year.
Many Saudi women begin driving their children to schools
Daniah al-Ghalbi, a newly-licensed Saudi woman driver, sits in her car during a test-drive in the coastal Red Sea city of Jeddah on June 23, 2018. (Illustrative photo: AFP)
- 5046 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 3439 Views Kuwait gov’t spokesman: Information comes from official sources, not social media
- 3068 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 2892 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2430 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 862 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36367 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22628 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15261 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14825 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7961 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7881 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says