The killing of Iran’s top military commander Qassem Soleimani has Italy divided. Major political figures are voicing support for the US decision to carry out the drone strike that killed Soleimani, while other left wing media journalists are questioning the legality of the strike and consequences the action may have in the Middle East.
Soleimani killing ‘act of defense’ against Iran: Former Italian foreign minister
Former Italian Foreign Minister Giulio Terzi speaks at the State Department in Washington. (File photo: AP)
Gaja Pellegrini-Bettoli, Special to Al Arabiya English
- 5106 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 3463 Views Kuwait gov’t spokesman: Information comes from official sources, not social media
- 3321 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 2979 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2479 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 935 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36370 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22671 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15272 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14837 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7963 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7891 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says