Some might ask: Did the G20 summit really matter for Saudi Arabia? Do the summit’s outcomes in terms of providing the poorest countries with a debt freeze, financial aid, and vaccine funding, as well as launching the Circular Carbon Economy (CCE) initiative, matter for the world?
Did the G20 summit matter?
Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz gives an address opening the G20 summit, held virtually, with other G20-participating leaders, Nov. 21, 2020. (AFP)
Disclaimer: Views expressed by writers in this section are their own and do not reflect Al Arabiya English's point-of-view.
- 2005 Views Coronavirus: Hong Kong to lockdown thousands of people for first time amid COVID-19
- 1804 Views Photo of ‘Cold Bernie’ Sanders at US inauguration goes viral with memes
- 1675 Views US President Joe Biden proposes five-year extension of nuclear treaty with Russia
- 1295 Views COVAX vaccine scheme says will supply 1.8 bln doses to poor in 92 countries this year
- 1282 Views ISIS bombing kills police officer, wounds three others in Sinai: Egypt officials
- 1253 Views ISIS claims attack inside Iraq’s capital of Baghdad, US says terrorist threat remains
- 21377 Views Coronavirus: Doctor in Saudi Arabia leaves hospital after battling virus for 139 days
- 18915 Views Coronavirus: Number of new UAE COVID-19 cases reaches record high
- 16667 Views Airstrikes pound Iran-backed militias south of Iraq’s Baghdad: Reports
- 10437 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders hospitals to cancel surgeries amid surge in COVID-19 cases
- 7693 Views Dubai to test launch iconic London Taxi vehicles using hybrid cabs
- 7439 Views Coronavirus: Dubai suspends live entertainment permits as COVID-19 cases surge