Antiquities Minister Mamdouh al-Damati has urged the Egyptian embassy in London to take legal measures to halt the sale of a 4,000-year-old statue by Northampton Borough Council, Egyptian daily Al-Masry al-Youm reported Tuesday.
Egypt threatens legal action to stop UK museum selling ancient statue
Antiquities Minister Mamdouh al-Damati has urged the Egyptian embassy in London to take legal measures to halt the sale of a 4,000-year-old statue by Northampton Borough Council. (Photo courtesy: Al Ahram)
Al Arabiya News
- 3651 Views French FM accuses Turkey of trying to ‘whip up hatred’ against France
- 3085 Views Macron tweets in Arabic that France ‘will never give in’ amid Prophet cartoon storm
- 2668 Views Arab Coalition intercepts, destroys second Houthi drone targeting Saudi Arabia
- 2293 Views Iran’s IRGC says deployed troops on border near Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 1698 Views Kuwait retail co-ops remove French products in boycott over Prophet cartoon
- 911 Views EU labels Erdogan's comments on Macron as "unacceptable"
- 35950 Views Shock in Iraq after woman throws her two children into the Tigris River
- 29110 Views ‘Welcome to Israel’: First UAE delegation received by Israeli PM Netanyahu at airport
- 28016 Views Iranian dissident Mehdi Amin found murdered at his residence in Canada
- 11930 Views Coronavirus: UAE continues to battle surge of infections as 1,563 new cases detected
- 10615 Views Israel, Sudan announce deal normalizing ties
- 10165 Views Rise in UAE coronavirus daily cases ‘normal’, expected to continue: Official