Gnawa culture, a centuries-old Moroccan practice rooted in music, African rituals, and Sufi traditions, was on Thursday added to UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Morocco’s Gnawa musical culture listed by UNESCO
A member of Gnawa group Maalem Mohamed Kouyou performs in Essaouira at the Gnaoua World Music Festival. (File photo: AFP)
- 8683 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3379 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 140 new cases totaling 2,179
- 2847 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 1792 Views Putin’s comments on Saudi withdrawal from OPEC+ deal devoid of truth: Saudi FM
- 1190 Views Coronavirus: Dubai to halt tram, metro services from Sunday
- 1056 Views Coronavirus: Dubai’s malls turn into fulfillment centers as online shopping explodes
- 123215 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 64549 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44587 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34078 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30553 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21003 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus