Art experts have confirmed that a stolen painting discovered hidden inside an Italian art gallery’s walls is Gustav Klimt’s “Portrait of a Lady,” Italian prosecutors said Friday.
Painting found in Italian gallery’s walls verified as Klimt
The painting which was found last December near an art gallery and believed to be the missing Gustav Klimt's painting ‘Portrait of a Lady’ is displayed during a press conference in Piacenza, Italy, Friday, Jan. 17, 2020. (AP)
The Associated Press, Rome
- 5106 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 3463 Views Kuwait gov’t spokesman: Information comes from official sources, not social media
- 3326 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 2982 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2479 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 935 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36370 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22671 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15272 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14837 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7963 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7891 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says