Chanel said Tuesday it would no longer use exotic animal pelts, making it the first luxury fashion house to turn its back on crocodile and lizard skin, a move hailed by animal rights groups.
Chanel says will no longer use crocodile and snake skin
Chanel handbags made from exotic animal skins reportedly selling for up to 9,000 euros ($10,300). (Supplied)
- 9220 Views Coronavirus: UAE extends curfew indefinitely due to disinfection program
- 3610 Views Coronavirus: Sweden takes different approach to tackling the outbreak as numbers rise
- 3161 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 1271 Views Coronavirus: UAE recommends everyone wear a mask while in public
- 929 Views Coronavirus: UAE central bank increases economic stimulus to $69 billion
- 905 Views Coronavirus: Bus driver dies after video criticizing passenger for coughing
- 125143 Views 21 mln drop in China's mobile users may suggest higher coronavirus death toll: Report
- 67788 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 44706 Views Coronavirus: Saudi's King Salman orders treatment for all, including visa violators
- 34113 Views UAE records total of 570 coronavirus cases and three deaths
- 30809 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia enforces 24-hour daily curfew in Mecca, Medina
- 21052 Views Top Russian doctor who shook Putin’s hand tests positive for coronavirus