Gluten-free products are the latest trends in the world of mainstream nutrition. Following fats in the 1990s, and carbs more recently, it’s now time for gluten to become the latest dietary villain to blame for almost everything wrong with your health – weight gain, indigestion, bloating, low energy levels you name it.
‘Gluten is bad for you’: Is the health trend a myth?
Very simply, gluten is the protein found in wheat and related grains like rye, barley, and bulgur. Gluten gives pasta, cakes, and breads that chewy texture we all crave. (Shutterstock)
- 1839 Views India self-reliant on coronavirus vaccines, says PM Modi, as 1 mln inoculated
- 1224 Views UAE confirms signing $23 bln deal to buy F-35 jets, drones from US
- 1124 Views Top Iran leader Khamenei posts Trump-like golfer image, vows revenge for Soleimani
- 1038 Views Israel shoots down drone in Israeli airspace from Lebanon: Army
- 916 Views WHO, Pfizer in deal for 40mln doses of coronavirus vaccine
- 804 Views New UK variant of COVID-19 may carry higher risk of death, says PM Johnson
- 21422 Views Coronavirus: Doctor in Saudi Arabia leaves hospital after battling virus for 139 days
- 19015 Views Coronavirus: Number of new UAE COVID-19 cases reaches record high
- 16716 Views Airstrikes pound Iran-backed militias south of Iraq’s Baghdad: Reports
- 10625 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders hospitals to cancel surgeries amid surge in COVID-19 cases
- 7756 Views Coronavirus: Dubai suspends live entertainment permits as COVID-19 cases surge
- 7702 Views Dubai to test launch iconic London Taxi vehicles using hybrid cabs