The number of insurers turning their backs on coal more than doubled in 2019, activist groups said Monday, sapping the viability of projects using the highly-polluting fuel.
Policy shift: Insurers blacklist coal
A worker breaks coal for a steam engine belonging to Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, which run on a 2 foot gauge railway and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, at a statopm in Darjeeling. (Reuters)
- 7148 Views Israel sending weapons to Azerbaijan as fight with Armenia rages on: Sources
- 4987 Views Coronavirus: Massive COVID-19 study in India finds children are superspreaders
- 2436 Views Lebanon’s Berri says framework agreed for Israel border talks
- 1411 Views Head of Israel’s Mossad visits Bahrain, meets intelligence and security officials
- 1312 Views Three Indian soldiers killed by Pakistani shelling near Kashmir
- 1133 Views All 27 American ISIS supporters held by Kurds back in US custody
- 68699 Views UAE set to amend law granting citizenship to expats with certain criteria: Report
- 35214 Views Major blast heard in Paris after fighter jet breaks sound barrier
- 24415 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15794 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 15032 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 12924 Views Dubai-based Burj Khalifa builder Arabtec to close down, file for liquidation: Sources