The social media war on Felix Siauw, an Indonesian Muslim preacher who issued a fatwa claiming that taking self-portraits was a sin, has taken an international twist, with some online users posting a photo of Turkey’s president with an Indonesian official as part of their campaign against the cleric, reported the Turkish Hurriyet Daily News.
Turkey’s Erdogan gets dragged into Indonesia selfie debacle
Last week, a group of Indonesian women declared a social media war on Siauw. (Courtesy of Twitter)
Al Arabiya News
- 5046 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 3439 Views Kuwait gov’t spokesman: Information comes from official sources, not social media
- 3068 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 2892 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2430 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 862 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36367 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22628 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15261 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14825 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7961 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7881 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says