Iran has banned more than 160,000 social media accounts and websites in the past year arguing they were spreading “atheism and corruption”.
Iran bans 160,000 social media accounts in one year alone
Tehran has also gone so far as to ask foreign social media companies to hand over data on their Iranian users. (File photo: AP)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English
- 50194 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia cases could reach 200,000 within weeks, says minister
- 11139 Views Coronavirus: Arab Coalition declares Yemen ceasefire, says Saudi Press Agency
- 9112 Views Saudi Arabia coronavirus curfew: Ten questions answered
- 6638 Views Coronavirus: Saudi cases jump 327 to 2,932 total, 631 recoveries
- 6188 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia’s King Salman extends expiring reentry visas for 3 months
- 3370 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia records 355 in 24 hours, three new deaths
- 150730 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia imposes 24-hour curfew in several cities, including Riyadh
- 75905 Views South Korea conquered coronavirus without a lockdown: a model to follow?
- 50195 Views Coronavirus: Saudi Arabia cases could reach 200,000 within weeks, says minister
- 15830 Views Coronavirus: Dubai announces two-week 24-hour curfew as disinfection continues
- 13899 Views Coronavirus: Egypt to suspend Ramadan group iftars, activities, says Ministry
- 13617 Views Coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia rise to 2,402 with 34 fatalities