US regulators on Friday welcomed a “historic” $5 billion settlement with Facebook over data privacy as the social network said it was already implementing the provisions of the deal.
US court approves record $5 bln settlement with Facebook over data privacy
The entrance sign to Facebook headquarters is seen in Menlo Park, California. (File photo: Reuters)
AFP, San Francisco
- 4875 Views Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah dies at age 91: Amiri Diwan
- 3355 Views Kuwait gov’t spokesman: Information comes from official sources, not social media
- 2720 Views ‘Father of Humaneness’: Kuwait’s Emir dies at 91 leaving legacy of mediation, charity
- 2340 Views World leaders express condolences to Kuwait on death of Sheikh Sabah
- 2227 Views Kuwait names Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah as new emir
- 706 Views After the death of Kuwait’s emir, how is the next ruler chosen?
- 36354 Views 54-year-old man dies after eating bags of candy for weeks
- 22510 Views Coronavirus: Dubai orders bars, restaurants to stop services, entertainment at 1 a.m.
- 15231 Views Armenia declares martial law and mobilization amid Azerbaijan clashes
- 14802 Views Kuwait to fire 400 expat employees at Ministry of Public Works: Report
- 7955 Views Four people injured in knife attack in Paris, several suspects detained: Police
- 7874 Views How long can coronaviruses survive in a closed elevator? Up to 30 minutes, study says