Washington Post reporter who was finally released after spending 545 days in an Iranian prison earlier this year told CNN in an interview on Saturday that the late US boxing champ Muhammad Ali used his celebrity status to pressure Tehran in freeing him.
US reporter freed from Iran recounts how Mohammad Ali helped his cause
Jason Rezaian (R), who spent 545 days in an Iranian prison said that the late US boxing champ Muhammad Ali (L) used his celebrity status to pressure Tehran in freeing him. (File photos: AP)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English
- 3651 Views French FM accuses Turkey of trying to ‘whip up hatred’ against France
- 3085 Views Macron tweets in Arabic that France ‘will never give in’ amid Prophet cartoon storm
- 2668 Views Arab Coalition intercepts, destroys second Houthi drone targeting Saudi Arabia
- 2293 Views Iran’s IRGC says deployed troops on border near Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 1698 Views Kuwait retail co-ops remove French products in boycott over Prophet cartoon
- 911 Views EU labels Erdogan's comments on Macron as "unacceptable"
- 35950 Views Shock in Iraq after woman throws her two children into the Tigris River
- 29110 Views ‘Welcome to Israel’: First UAE delegation received by Israeli PM Netanyahu at airport
- 28016 Views Iranian dissident Mehdi Amin found murdered at his residence in Canada
- 11930 Views Coronavirus: UAE continues to battle surge of infections as 1,563 new cases detected
- 10615 Views Israel, Sudan announce deal normalizing ties
- 10165 Views Rise in UAE coronavirus daily cases ‘normal’, expected to continue: Official